Pages

Thursday 29 August 2019

Technology wood

I used paper and pencil to make a full size working drawing of my jewellery tree because we had to figure out which wood wood to pick and I picked a jewellery tree Mr Grundy told us to make 8 drawing so I pick jewellery tree for my mum.

I used a ruler to copy the measurements from my drawing onto the piece of wood so that it would be straight when you have to go cut it.

I marked a square line at 90 degrees across and the tool I am using is a tri square it helps makes the drawing a square shape.

I cut off the first piece of wood using a backed saw that helps us cut the wood you don't make your hands cricket all else the saw will do the same thing.

I then Marked out the jewellery tree using a tri square, pencil to mark the jolt the tri square help make it straight like a ruler the pencil is to make the line

I then cut the second thing using a wood chisel, mallet and a Marking Gauge the wood chisel is to cut the wood one by one with a mallet. A mallet is like a wood hammer, The marking Gauge is to make a mark and you have to stop at the mark.

I then used a compass to make a star on top of my work so that it is very detailed not just a plain jewellery tree that would be boring.

Mr Grundy then used glue and a claw hammer to put my 2 woods  together he needed the hammer so that it can be tight not loose when your putting stuff on it.

I then used a pencil to make 4 crosses down and up the 4 crosses down is for the dowel and the 4 crosses up is for the hooks.

Mr Grundy used dowel and a claw hammer the claw hammer you have to make it tight so it  won't  fall out the dowel is for stuff like your earnings and other stuff.

I then used hooks to hook it on to the 4 top crosses I had to twist and  turn it around so that it can be stable and tight so it won't fall down while your doing something with it.

I then used sandpaper to make it not prickle and make it smooth so that when kids touch it they won't get sprinters when they want to touch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment